Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend

2 posters

:: S.P.Q.R.

Go down

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Empty Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend

Post by Seary Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Just throwing this out there for Earle and anyone else interested in Astronomy. The Comet Lulin will be visible in the night sky with binoculars in a low light area, or with a telescope, near Saturn. This comet is especially interesting since it has an "inverted" tail and appears to be going the "wrong way". I know ill keep a look out.

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend C2007N3Lulin2panel_brimacombe

Tried to find a picture of the tail... this is the best I could do.
Seary
Seary

Back to top Go down

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Empty Re: Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend

Post by Earle Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Awesome stuff, John! I'm going to be going observing the latter part of next week (except for Friday, b/c the draw of BSG will probably make me come back home), and I will certainly be on the lookout! One of the astronomy club members said that there was a comet up in the early hours, and I'm wondering if this is the same one. I'm pretty sure it is, b/c two comets within a few months is almost unheard of.
Earle
Earle
Admin

https://aeneas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Empty Comet update and map

Post by Earle Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 pm

I was out tonight after walking and took a simple pair of binoculars and found the comet. Find Saturn, use the map, and you won't have a problem. It's just to the right of Saturn right now.

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Saturnmap

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Regulusmap

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Cometmap

Good luck!
Earle
Earle
Admin

https://aeneas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend Empty Re: Lulin to Come Into View This Weekend

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: S.P.Q.R.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum