Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clone Wars CGI

4 posters

:: S.P.Q.R.

Go down

Clone Wars CGI Empty Clone Wars CGI

Post by Leezard (Bob) Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:20 pm

What's the word on this? I've yet to see it, but as a fanboy I'll see it regardless of the criticism.
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Clone Wars CGI Empty Re: Clone Wars CGI

Post by Earle Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm going this Sunday. I heard it hasn't done a big draw at the box office, but then again it is catering to a specific crowd....lol
Earle
Earle
Admin

https://aeneas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm

I knew someone who went to the sneak preview. She said the only annoying parts are Annakin related (big surprise <_<) and his apprentice. His apprentice calls him "Skyguy" a few times she said. :[
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmet Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm

I know someone who saw it. Apparently it was a disappointment, but I've learned not to take movie prophesies at face value, so it might just be mediocre. People say that it's a departure from the Tartakovsky animation style from the series, but it's just inflating everything to 3d. Doesn't take a trained eye to see that.

Emmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seary Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 pm

I feel this will be a big disappointment... Im all for the CGI attempts but I just think it will leave me saying "thats it." Skyguy... no thanks lol!
Seary
Seary

Back to top Go down

Post by Earle Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:07 am

Skyguy........meh....
Earle
Earle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmet Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 am

Welp. It was decent. The film, I think, was not at all outstanding, the music left a lot to be desired, but I went in as not at all demanding, so disappointment could have ne'er transpired.

Emmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm

I was going to see it Saturday, but I didn't make it in time. I missed the opening crawl. Terril and I decided we have to get the full experience so, we're gonna wait another day. Tropic Thunder was nice though XD
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Earle Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:37 am

Well, Emmet was far kinder than me....I thought it was awful. Yes, the music was terrible, but I felt the urge to drag Lucas into the street and.....well....it would be inappropriate to say what I'd like to.

The writing made my skin curl. They should have advertised this as a kid's movie, and not as some branch of Star Wars. In my opinion, Lucas just needs to quit altogether. The movie had stock camera shots from the real movies (as in perspective and framing) and it was the same old aliens we see in every movie. What, the galaxy only has those alien dudes from Area 51 to play music? What was with the Hutt's relative who sounded like he was Truman Capote? Skyguy? Are you kidding me? Those battle droids were as annoying as stupid as every, and the movie lacked all sense of a dark side.

Oh, and lest I forget that THE PLOT DOESN'T MATCH the movies! Skywalker takes on an apprentice, but Obi One in the 3rd movie calls him Padawan, which makes him go towards the dark side b/c he is impatient about power. The plot in no way matches. You guessed it, I will not be seeing any of the other ones they will probably make. It didn't help that the Channelside theatre was 1/2 used up for construction, and the entire row in front of us had a 10 year old birthday party gang....I couldn't get out of that theatre fast enough. I had to go home and watch the Battle for Helms Deep to get some satisfaction, then drag my nephew onto Halo 3 to go multiplayer. Then, all was right in the world...lol
Earle
Earle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Earle wrote:I had to go home and watch the Battle for Helms Deep l

So how about them Elves in Helms Deep? Even at the age of 11 I was like "...wait a minute".
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmet Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 pm

They could have done the beginning as far better than it was- a Starship Troopers-esque propagandamercial would have been amusing.

Emmet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Emmet wrote:They could have done the beginning as far better than it was- a Starship Troopers-esque propagandamercial would have been amusing.

Are you a citizen?
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Earle Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 pm

BobTyler1138 wrote:
Earle wrote:I had to go home and watch the Battle for Helms Deep l

Even at the age of 11 I was like "...wait a minute".

11.............dear lord. What didn't you like about their arrival? The faces of glee amongst the humans was priceless. They are kind of like the Persian Immortals, who walk silently, and by doing so inspire awe.
Earle
Earle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Just since it wasn't in the book I was like :[

Now I'm okay though. I didn't understand movie and how they work at that tender age. I didn't know the scope of LoTR at the time :O
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Earle Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:41 am

LOTR is one of those books you pick up every couple of years and re-read. It tends to be a "guy" thing, as not many young woman would be caught socially reading it. LOL
Earle
Earle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leezard (Bob) Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Yeah. I just started the Hobbit again actually. I hope they don't screw the Hobbit movie up :[
Leezard (Bob)
Leezard (Bob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down